To provide a safe and loving environment where children will experience opportunities to grow and develop. These opportunities will stem from teacher and child initiated instruction, enriching hands-on experiences, and strong Bible related lessons and devotions that share God’s love for each child.
To provide care and preschool education with a standard of excellence that will more than adequately meet the needs of our families and build a solid foundation upon which the children can achieve their fullest potential.
ABOUT LITTLE LIGHTS
Little Lights Child Care began its operation in September of 1999 as a ministry to the community through Lighthouse Worship Center. We offer a Christian based philosophy and a curriculum with a strong biblical foundation.
While operating as a Religious Exempt Center, Little Lights complies with state standards and regulations including, but not limited to:
- Local Health Inspections
- Yearly Building Inspections
- Fire Marshall Regulations
- Staff Screening through State Criminal History and Social Services Sexual Offender record checks
- Verification of required staff/child ratios
- Annual staff health reports certified by a practicing physician stating that the staff member is free from any disability which would prevent them from caring for children
Little Lights is located at 4299 George Washington Memorial Highway and operates in all 4 facilities of the Lighthouse Worship Center campus. We are approved to serve up to 226 children.
The kitchen area is not used to cook food for students and parents are required to provide children’s lunches.
The playground area is located at the back of the property and is divided for distinction between toddler – 2 year old play and preschool – school-age play.
- Open till 6:30 PM – 30 minutes later than most Centers
- Secure Infant and Toddler classrooms and security door with a unique code for each family entering our Preschool and School-age buildings
- Outstanding preschool curriculum
- Kindergarten readiness
- Large, modern playground
- Transportation to all 5 Gloucester elementary schools using MFSAB buses with seatbelts for all children
- Smaller classroom sizes
- Emphasis on sensory based play and growth
- Continued staff training and development
- Partnership and referral services to local early intervention agencies
STAFF CREDENTIALS and CERTIFICATIONS
Each of our LLCC staff are screened to insure that your child will be around trained, caring, loving, and responsible individuals.
All teachers and substitutes must be a minimum of 18 years of age (16 years for aides) and must pass criminal and sexual offender records checks through both the State Police and Social Services.
Each of our staff members will receive CPR and First Aid training and certification and are required to attend various workshops and trainings every year for personal and professional enrichment.
Each are also required to provide annual staff health reports certified by a practicing physician stating that the staff member is free from any disability which would prevent them from caring for children
Lead preschool teachers should have or currently be pursuing one of the following educational backgrounds:
- An endorsement or bachelor’s degree in a child-related field from a college or university
- Have three months of childcare experience and either a one year early childhood certificate or a child development credential
Other staff are required to have between 12-24 hours of course training, depending on the position for which they are hired.
All staff are required to participate in on-going training and education annually.